Notice: Due to COVID-19, to make sure we do our part to protect the health and safety of people, we will be open during normal business hours, but conducting business and consultations remotely. Our commitment to our client’s remains unchanged. Please contact us for assistance.

An employment attorney in Connecticut built on client success and employee rights.

Overtime & Unpaid Wage Lawyer in Bridgeport

Protecting Employees from Wage Theft in Fairfield County

Employers have been known to withhold the wages that their employees have rightfully earned. If you are a victim of wage theft, you are entitled to take legal action to collect your earnings, and possibly more.

The Bridgeport overtime and unpaid wage attorneys at The McMinn Employment Law Firm have successfully represented many individuals who have had wages or overtime pay withheld by their employers. Our professional legal team can help you file a lawsuit against your employer to collect what you are owed. Don’t be afraid of claiming what is right -- the law protects against any act of retaliation by your employer.

Contact our experienced unpaid wage attorney today at (203) 930-1600. We can help you recover the wages that you have earned in Bridgeport, Fairfield, Hartford, and New Haven County.

Can You Sue For Not Being Paid Overtime?

Whether you earned wages from regular working hours or overtime, you deserve to be paid. Employers that do not pay their employees for their overtime are violating federal labor laws, and an employee has the right to file a lawsuit against their employer to recover all wages due. An overtime attorney from the McMinn Employment Law Firm, LLC can review your case and determine if you are eligible to recover your unpaid salary. Call us today for a case review and to schedule a consultation.

How to File a Claim for Unpaid Wages & Overtime?

If your employer has withheld regular wages from you or refused to pay you for overtime hours that you have worked, you should immediately file a claim with the United States Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD). WHD focuses on ensuring that all employees receive the wages that they are due.

When filing a complaint with the WHD, the information you will need to provide includes:

  • Name
  • Contact information
  • Name of the company you work(ed) for
  • Address and phone number of the company
  • Manager’s or owner’s name
  • Type of work you were engaged in
  • Days and methods of payment

The more information you can give the better. It is best if you can provide WHD with a personal record of hours worked, copies of your pay stubs, and any details about the company’s pay practices. If you file a complaint, you can do so worry-free of your company retaliating against you. There are laws in place that protect you from the adverse action of your employer-based on you filing a claim against them.

Benefit from Experienced Overtime & Unpaid Wages Lawyers

An experienced overtime attorney can help you find out if you are a victim of wage theft, walk you through the complaint filing process, and assist you in building a strong defense case that can help you collect what is rightfully yours.

If you have a claim for unpaid wages or overtime and want to discuss your case, reach out to us today at (203) 930-1600. Let us help you understand how the law can protect you.


  • Se Habla Español

    We are able to accommodate English and Spanish speaking clients.

  • Free Consultations

    Sit down with an attorney and review the details of your case before action is taken.

  • Focused Legal Counsel

    We focus solely on employment law and fighting cases just like yours.

  • Employees Only

    Strictly represent employee cases and never employer cases.